Sunday 13 July 2014

Booktube-a-thon

As you may know, the booktube-a-thon, created by Ariel Bisset (on youtube) starts tomorrow (14th July), and even though I am a book blogger rather than a book tuber, I thought it would be fun to take part. For those of you who don't know what it is, the booktube-a-thon is a week long read-a-thon started last year and hosted so that booktube have their own read-a-thon that loads of people can take part in. Each year, a series of reading challenges are set up (both for reading and youtubing for those with channels) that you have to try and complete throughout the week. There are seven challenges, but luckily you are allowed to use one book for more than one challenge and obviously you don't have to complete all the challenges.
I thought it would be a good idea to show what I plan to (and will probably fail to) read over the week and how they fit in with the challenges. At the end of the week I will do a wrap up of how I did along with mini reviews.
       
       

1. Read a book with pictures ~ Winger by Andrew Smith 
2. Start and finish a series ~  The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I have no idea if this counts because technically it's a book in the series of Sherlock Holmes. However it is sort of a series of 12 shorts stories within that series so it kind of counts in a bending the rules type of way. The way I see it is that it basically counts as starting and finishing a series however it should only be counted as one book. 
3. Read a book with red on the cover ~ Again, Winger by Andrew Smith
4. Read a book someone chose for you ~ The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp. I chose four of my books and asked a friend to pick the one that u should read.
5. Read and then watch a book-to-movie adaptation ~ Luckily for me, The Spectacular Now is also a film so this book will also fit in with this challenge
6. Read a book from a genre you've read the least of this year ~ I have barely read any classics, so I decided on 1984 by George Orwell. 
7. Read 7 books or 300 pages a day ~ For those of you who have done the math, I have only four books picked out to fit into these challenges. If I get these four done, then I have picked out three more to aim to read: No and Me by Delphine de Vigan, We are Liars by E.Lockhart and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling.

This week (14/07 - 20/07) I will also be aiming to blog at least every other day as well as reading because I thought it would be nice to dedicate a week to reading and books and all that shizz. However I have an insanely busy week as it's the last week of school before summer holidays so there is a lot of things going on and then I am going to London for the weekend with my friends so I am not sure if I will actually succeed but I am at least going to give it a try because I have ever taken part in one before and hopefully it will be fun.
To find out more there is a Goodreads pages, a twitter and a youtube channel for the booktube-a-thon.
Are you planning on taking part? If so what are you planning on reading, do you think you will complete every challenge?
Ellen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment