Sunday 29 June 2014

June Favourites

As this month is coming to an end and there have been a few things that I have really loved this month, I thought I would do a June favourites post. (I have come up with six catergories and at least one thing for each category.)

              

Books: 
Obviously there is a book category and my favourite for this month would have to be Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. This books was amazing, I gave it about 4 and a half stars I think because it has a really unique premise (about a girl who leaves behind 7 tapes after committing suicide, each holding a reason why she did what she did) and was very thought-provoking and emotional. I have actually done a full review of this book which you can find here if you are interested in knowing more.

Films: 
I have two films that I have really loved this month. The first, of course, is The Fault in our Stars which came out this month and I want to an early fan screening of it as I simply couldn't wait. It was beautiful, faithful to the book and extremely sob-worthy. I have a rather long review for the film on my blog as well which you can find here.
This month I also bought Chicago on DVD for really cheap as I've wanted to watch it for a really
long time. It is a wonderful and interesting musical about murder, jazz and rivals. The songs, choreography, story line and production of this musical was fantastic and I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves both musicals and scandal.
Music: 
There hasn't been much music wise this month that has really taken to me, but I will say that I love The Fault in our Stars soundtrack. It has some really brilliant songs on it and I've been listening to the playlist on youtube non-stop. My favourites are two of the songs by Birdy (Not about angels and Tee-shirt), All I Want by Kodaline and Long Way Down by Tom Odell. They are all lovely songs that are really relaxing and make me think of the story.

Fashion: 
I recently bought this light blue denim pinafore dress with a faded blue flower print in the TopShop sale. I absolutely love it - it's so cute and will be perfect for summer. It looks great with just a baggy plain white long sleeved top underneath and I think I will get a lot of use out of it.

Beauty:
This month I decided to try out a new foundation because I wanted one with better coverage than the BB cream I'd been using previously but still felt light on the skin. I picked up the Bourjois healthy mix serum and it is exactly what I was looking for. Light enough on the skin to look natural and not be all sticky in the summer, enough coverage to hide my blemishes and redness, long-lasting (though maybe not the 16hrs that it states on the packaging) and gives a lovely radiant complexion.

Random: 
For my random favourite I decided on my new phone case. I think it's such a pretty vintage floral design with pastel colours that I love. It's quite good as well a is often wear similar colours to these so I find it tends to match my outfit which is always nice. I bought it from Etsy and it is for an iPhone 5c.


So they are all the things that I have been loving this past month. I hope you enjoyed this post- look out for my June wrap up coming very soon. What are some of your favourites of June?
Love Ellen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment