Friday 30 May 2014

Reading Habits

   

I was tagged in the reading habits tag by my friend Katie from KatieLou who has a beauty and craft blog. It looks like a fun tag to do so I hope you enjoy!

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
I normally either read in my bed or on the sofa in my lounge- I like to be cosy when I read.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I generally try to use a bookmark, I have quite a few and I am kind of weird about it because I like the bookmark to match the cover of the book I'm reading, but if there is no bookmark near me I will just slip in anything I can find that will work. I NEVER fold the edge of the page over though.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have stop at the end of a chapter or after a certain number of pages?
I generally like to stop at the end of a chapter, but if I need to stop straightaway I will stop at the end of the first paragraph that i find suitable to stop at.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
I do enjoy a cup of tea when reading but if I get to engrossed in the book I forget about it and it just goes cold. If I'm hungry or thirsty I will eat or drink something but it's not something I will always do.

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music while you read?
I never watch TV while reading, I mean, who does that? I sometimes listen to music, but it has to fit in with the story (don't want to be reading a really sad part with loud, energetic music on in the background).

6. One book or several at once?
Normally, just one. However if I'm reading a book that's a little out of my usual comfort zone, I might be reading another book as back up. Also if I'm reading a graphic novel that I'm not going to finish in one sitting, I will definitely have another book on the go.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Usually I read at home but I can read in most places (apart from the car) so I tend to bring a book with me in my bag just in case I have a moment to spare.

8. Read out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head, I can disappear into the story's world so much more.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I used to read the last page of a book, but is can't do that now. Sometimes I will glance at the other page and see something that interests me and have to restrain myself from reading on, other times I accidentally skip ahead and have to find my way back when I get confused.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I never want or intend to break the spine, but I often do it by mistake because it's so hard to read without breaking the spine. I don't mind my books looking old, though I prefer to think of it as well-loved.

11. Do you write in your books?
No, but I do see the appeal, I just worry it will ruin my book.

12. What are you currently reading?
City of heavenly fire- it's amazing but I don't know if I will be able to handle the ending. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, I certainly enjoyed doing it although I have a lot more weird reading habits that haven't been shared. I'm not sure who tag, so I tag anyone who wants to do it!
Love Ellen xxx

Twitter: Bibliophile556 
Instagram: Bibliophile556 
If you want, you can follow me on Bloglovin here

No comments:

Post a Comment