Tuesday 27 May 2014

Goodreads Q&A

  

I am a big lover of Goodreads and have found myself to have become a little addicted to it. It is so helpful for tracking the books I read and organising books into handy lists. However, it doesn't come without its flaws. Because of these things I thought I would do the Goodreads tag thingy and answers some of the questions.
What was the last book you marked as read?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (obviously a re-read), need I say more?
What are you currently reading?
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (the fifth in the mortal instruments series that I am sure most people have heard of) and I am loving it so far!
What was the last book you marked as to-read?
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher which is about a girl who commits suicide and leaves behind 13 cassette tapes recorded by her, for her classmate, Clay who had a crush on her. The cassette tapes hold thirteen reasons why she killed herself and Clay is one of them. This book sound so good which is why I picked it up and marked it as "to-read".
What book do you plan on reading next?
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, the final instalment in the Mortal Instruments series. It comes out tomorrow and I am so excited.
Do you use the star rating system?
I do use it because it is universal and everyone understands what it means, however I don't like it as there isn't much choice option and wish it would be a percentage system instead.
Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge?
I challenged myself to read 60 books this year and have so far read 33 books, meaning that I am 55% complete and 9 books ahead of schedule.
Do you have a wish list?
Yes I do, but is on Amazon not Goodreads.
What book to you plan to buy next?
Again, City of Heavenly Fire which I intend to buy tomorrow when it comes out.
Do you have any favourite quotes?
I have many favourite quotes, most of which are from Harry Potter, however none of them are listed on. my Goodreads. An example of one of my favourites though it "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light"
Who are your favourite authors?
J.K Rowling, John Green, David Levithan, Cassandra Clare, Jane Austen.
Have you joined any groups?
I have joined one group, which is the City of Heavenly Fire read-a-long which starts on the 1st of June and there will be a youtube liveshow on the 28th of  June that I definitely want to watch.
What could Goodreads do better?
I think to make Goodreads better, they should change the rating system to maybe a percentage system  so to make rating a book easier and more understandable. The search bar also needs to be improved because unless you enter the exact correct thing, the book you are searching for will not come up.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Do you use Goodreads? What do you think of it?
Ellen xxx
Goodreads: Ellen Graves https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/27980858?shelf=to-read
Twitter: Bibliophile556
Instagram: Bibliophile556
Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12323237

No comments:

Post a Comment